When it comes to auto glass repair, some people may not even know it. But in modern countries, it is just a common industry. Many people have such experience that the windshield is cracked by stone or other hard objects when running in the high way. In this case, it is not only wasteful but also worthless to replace the whole piece of glass for a small crack. If ignored, the crack will be expanded by air pressure, which not only affect the appearance, but also pose a threat to safety. At this time, to do auto glass repair will be an ideal solution.
1. Auto glass is a kind of double glued glass, after hit by external forces, if there is only a crack occurred due to inefficient force, the interlayer will be separated due to the entrance of air and impact of air force. If you run continuously, the crack area will be expanded, which will affect the visual and safety. Auto glass repair focuses on dealing with crack or small wound of glass with short operating time, which will not influence the daily use of auto.
2. Auto glass repair is mainly to fill liquid glue into the crack to eliminate the gap. The material for glass filling is liquid glue with high transparency, which can be rapidly solidified by ultraviolet heating, and the strength can reach more than 90% of original glass.
3. The construction process is not very complicated, and the main tool is similar to a vacuum injector with needle structure, which is used to remove the air from the glass wound and fill it with glass repairing agent (liquid gum). After several times of pumping and pressing, at least 90% of the repair space will be filled with filling fluid, the ultraviolet light will be used to illuminate up and down for about two minutes each, so as to solidify the repair fluid. When the machine is moved away, there will be a small gap in the center of wound, so it is necessary to drip a repair agent with higher concentration, cover the glass, make it dry with ultraviolet light, flatten the surface with a knife, apply lightening agent and polish it with cloth.
4. Generally, only a tiny circular mark or crack like spider’s thread will be left after the repair is completed for a circular wound; and only a faint line will be left for long crack, and the repair mark can be seen only at a reflective angle, and what you usually see is still a good glass that is "seamless". Moreover, the strength of the repaired position can be guaranteed that the strength of hardened colloidal glass can reach more than 90% of the original glass.
5. Repair is not available for all kinds of damage. Glasses separated after cracking, or broken into pieces, cannot be repaired. If the crack is too big, the repair cost may be the same as a new piece of glass, let alone the scar it may left. Thus, it would be better to save the time and cost by adopting auto glass repair for small damages.